It was trickier than I thought it would be.

Over the last four weeks, I had been asking my spouse to take the a/c equipment out of our living room window. The icy winds came in around the side of the a/c unit, and since I slept on that side of the bed I was cold. I didn’t expect Max to change sides of the bed with me, or quit taking all the blankets, I knew I had to replace the old a/c unit. While Max went to the store for me, I laid a carpet on the floor as well as pulled the window open. I thought it would be easy to remove the AC unit, since I was the a single who installed it. I only had a single side of the AC equipment lifted over the lip of the window. I tried to get the other side up, but nothing was happening. No matter how taxing I pulled upon the AC unit, I couldn’t get it lifted up out of the window. I felt around to see if I had missed anything, when I felt my hand connect with something sharp. I pulled my hand in, only to see a little blood coming from more than 2 small pinholes. After pulling the AC equipment forward, I saw that my climbing rose bush was growing in through the air vent holes on the back of the AC unit. I had to lower the window as well as get a pair of garden clippers to cut the rose bush away from the AC unit. It only took a few minutes to remove the small AC unit, even though I made a note on the calendar to get rid of the climbing rose bush before summer arrived.


clickable link